Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Martyred Youth & the Rein's Owner

While riding, I saw the youth between the horses' hooves, covered with dust and blood; he was saying: "O Muslims! For Allâh's Sake, get my uncle Abu Qudamah to come to me!" Upon hearing his crying, I ran towards him. I could not recognise his face because of the blood, and the marks from the horses' footsteps. I said: "Here I am, this is Abu Qudamah". He said: "O uncle, by the Lord of the Ka'bah, my dream has come true. I am the son of the rein's owner!" Upon hearing this, I threw myself on him, kissed him between the eyes, wiped the dust and blood off his face, and said: O my beloved! Do not forget your uncle Abu Qudamah, make him amongst those you intercede on their behalf on the Day of Judgement! He replied: "The likes of you cannot be forgotten! You wipe my face with your gown? My gown is worthier. O uncle, leave it, for I wish to meet Allâh in this state. O uncle! The Hoor (girl of Paradise) that I described to you, she's at my head, waiting for my soul to depart from my body, and she is saying to me: 'Hurry, I am longing for you.' O uncle, for the Sake of Allâh, if He was to bring you back safely, take my blood-stained clothes to my poor, grieved and sad mother, present them to her, and tell her: 'Allâh has accepted your gift'." He then smiled and said: "I bear witness that there is no god but Allâh, no partner has He; He has kept His promise, and I bear witness that Muhammad is Allâh's servant and Messenger; this is what Allâh and His Messenger has promised us, and Allâh and His Messenger were true to their promise." His soul then left his body.

The Martyred Youth & the Rein's Owner

No comments: